Sicim paves the way for Global Expansion by Standardizing Operations with ERP True Cloud
“ERP True Cloud provided us with a dedicated, Integrated and Comprehensive Solution for Managing our Business”
Guido Cagnani, Director Sicim
Sicim Spa is an Italian company leader in Construction, has served ancillary facilities for the transmission and distribution of oil, gas and water since 1962.
The multinational company is headquartered in Busseto (Italy) and has executed projects in Italy, France, Spain, Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, the UK, Abu Dhabi, Kazakhstan, Iraq, Libya, Algeria, Congo, Angola, Cameroon, Colombia, Mexico and Perù.
Sicim provides EPC solutions for the Oil and Gas industry, installing large diameter pipelines and multidisciplinary plants and offering a very broad range of activities: engineering, construction and realization of Turn Key projects of pipelines; plants for hydrocarbon production/processing, earth moving works, geotechnical restoration, Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) of welding, Maintenance and replacing of damaged pipelines. Sicim guarantees continuous improvement of the services provided and takes continuous effort to maintain high customer satisfaction levels. In the past, the company has completed the installation for over 9.000km of pipelines and 25.000t of steel facilities worldwide.
- Implemented ERP True Cloud on Demand (JD Edwards in Cloud) to boost productivity and improve operational efficiency
- Operations unification and expansion support
- Centralized system to support all the activities and an integrated solution for managing the business processes
- Increased efficiency and continuity
- Centralized and optimized controlling, purchasing and expediting activities resulting in remarkable cost saving
- Obtained faster and more accurate estimates, with the identification and tracking of all costs across the full work breakdown structure facilitating the ability to optimize mixes and efficiency
- Project Managers moving from different countries can be productive from day one using some process and data
- Reduced the average monthly financial close time by one month
- Eliminated manual, spreadsheet-based reconciliations of its work-in-progress with its finances